Who else is snowed in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddandb

We sure got nailed in Maryland.
Not even dug out from the first storm when the second one came through.

On the plus side side... The first storm came through Friday afternoon and I had my foot operated on Friday morning. Doctors orders, no shoveling for me for a couple of months (even if I wanted to). So I got out of that.
On the plus, plus side, UPS was able to get my $100 tobacco order from Pipes and Cigars to me late Friday before the storm got to bad for him to get around.

So all I've been able to do is sit my chair reading with my foot propped up and smoke all my new tobacco for days on end. Life is rough.

dubhdarra

we didn't get it as bad as maryland but i'm the only guy who managed to get out of their driveway without digging today (my fam runs three cars and we were all in and out through the whole storm). just spent all morning digging out the house, two elderly neighbors, and trying to get the garbage can chipped out of the plow bank. the one from the last storm hadn't melted, it was sitting against that, the new storm hit, they plowed and now its sandwidched in//between them. i think i'm just gonna leave it there.

cst

I'm in southern Maryland, not snowed in but I am pissed that UPS refuses to let me come pick up my tobacco order. Which they could have delivered the other day when they were out delivering packages. They had it marked "out for delivery" on the day they brought me a different package. The deliveryman must have not noticed it there next to the other one. I guess they cant bring it today because there is snow next to the road. What kills me is that the postman is out delivering in his Taurus (2wd) wagon. Cause his postal service jeep thing is out of commission. I hate winter after hunting season is over.Temper tantrum over.

Philthy

Last storm was when I decided to make my run from here in MD to Boswell's up in PA. Guess I didnt look at the forecast or just didnt believe it. Got there no problem even if it was by myself in two hours. After being in the shop about 1 1/2 hours the wife calls and says "Its already laying on the ground here (North of Baltimore) and Baltimore is already getting socked, you better get your ass home!" Needless to say I agreed to leave immediately and so finished my bowl of Dan's Blend I had just lit up in my new pipe. When I got on the road it was indeed snowing and my two hour drive became 4-5 hours return.

This morning I got up at 7:30 am (late for me) and got my shovel and got started. Snow drifted as high as the window on my Toyota Tacoma. Even with the neighbors snow blower it was about 4-5 hours when sidewalks neighbors and everything was taken care of. I did take a break to call in to Boswells as they posted some new pipes for sale on line.

cst

How does Boswells compare to Faders in Towson as far as selection? I'm down near DC and that would be a hike for me, would it be worth a side trip if I was up to Lancaster?

Philthy

I know of Faders but I don't believe I have actually been there in spite of knowing a young fella that works there. I might have but can't swear to it becasue it was years ago if I did. I would say that Boswell's is worth the trip if you are up that way just because they are VERY nice folks and the shop is awesome. They spent all kinds of time answering my questions, letting me look through all the pipes. Discussed the tobaccos options and let me try a bowl or two. The corner smoking area was comfortable and had about 4 or 5 really helpful friendly customers to boot! I know I will be going back again whether I need a new pipe or not.

I just finished digging out myself. I'm actually considering going to the B&M because I'm sick of being in the house.

Oddly, I haven't been to Fader's in Towson since the remodel. But I have to agree, Boswell's is certainly worth the trip. I try to stop there whenever I go back to Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.