Woody -- Broken Pipe

DGErwin11

Staff member
It is with heavy hearts that we inform the community that our Admin, Woody, passed away in March due to complications with a major surgery. We were unsure of his status for a few weeks. None of the moderators have admin privilege on the board. This means we cannot run it, change it, or keep it alive. PSF will die with its maker.

We have set up a new board, and encourage all members here to sign up at PipeSmokersDen.com It is a work in progress, you'll have to bear with us, but our hope is to set up a pipe community with the same mix of fun and respect that is found here. The mod team will be the same, the rules similar, yadda yadda. In essence, we are moving.

This means a loss of some great content - we may be able to transfer some of the more meaningful or helpful posts, but really we are going to be relying on member participation to make the new place great.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeySparky

Patron
OMG what awful news to hear of Woody. I pray his family is holding up as best as can be expected. This is so damned sad :(

I truly hope the best forum on the web continues on the new site.

Thank you Woody for this site and may you rest in peace good sir

Just a suggestion - maybe put RIP in the thread title? Might grab more member's attention about the fate of the sight.

Also is everything OK with Sasquatch? Kind of odd you threw that in there (unless I'm just missing something)

Last edited:
Now that I’m past the initial shock, I do have some thoughts. I didn’t know Woody personally, but have been here at my “home” for 5 years. He always maintained a well-run site. But, it is also a reminder that with anything in life, we should always think about our legacy. What succession planning needs to be done? Who do we trust to help us?
I’m saddened obviously to hear of his death. I’m also saddened to know his legacy, of this forum anyway, will die with him. What a loss....

OMG what awful news to hear of Woody. I pray his family is holding up as best as can be expected. This is so damned sad :(

I truly hope the best forum on the web continues on the new site.

Thank you Woody for this site and may you rest in peace good sir

Just a suggestion - maybe put RIP in the thread title? Might grab more member's attention about the fate of the sight.

Also is everything OK with Sasquatch? Kind of odd you threw that in there (unless I'm just missing something)
Sasquatch is fine. I wrote the text of the announcement and threw that in there for a little levity, assuming when the announcement was posted it would be removed. For those who don't know, I was one of the early mods on this board, and kind of retired from that when I started making pipes. Conflict of interest.