Ye Olde Tobacco Shop, Savannah GA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with the Ye Olde Tobacco Shop of Savannah, GA. It's only an hour away from me and there are two locations in Savannah. Was looking at taking a trip there in a few days if I can swing it, and check out there wares - but was curious if it was indeed any good. Thanks a lot in advance!

-Will

Mister Moo

Gone but not forgotten
Staff member
UltimateMonky said:
Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with the Ye Olde Tobacco Shop of Savannah, GA. It's only an hour away from me and there are two locations in Savannah. Was looking at taking a trip there in a few days if I can swing it, and check out there wares - but was curious if it was indeed any good. Thanks a lot in advance!

-Will
If it's in the old downtown, brick everything, a block from a small park... NEAT shop! But I wasn't a pipe smoker last time I was there. However, they did have the last few boxes on earth of the old recipe El Rico Habono cigars in the natural wrappers that were 90% pepper and 40% blow-your-head-off. Dag - they were good! I bought three, smoked one as I was driving away from the joint, did a U-Turn and went back and bought three boxes of them. DAG! Those were some knockout stogies!

Very decent folks there. I would phone the store and ask them for their own appraisal of their merchandise.

I live about an hour from there as well, in Statesboro. Most of the blends they have are supposedly blended right in the shop, but another member on here looked at the blends on the website, and said there is a possibility that they may be modified Lane blends.

However, I have an old friend (both literally and figuratively) whose been smoking pipes for around 30 years that swears by the 'Count Pulaski' blend they sell there, as well as another friend who buys it almost exclusively.

As far as the pipes go, they have a decent selection of basket pipes, as well as some Petersons (and a few other brands I can't recall) in the $110 range in the display counter.

- Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.