Your Personal Blend Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonewall

When my tin of Balkan Sobranie arrives, I'm going to take the advice of a fellow PSF member and blend a 50/50 mixture of Sobranie and Sasieni.

Stonewall

Ohhh..I have to try to remember this one. Sounds good.
I don't blend much and this is a cool thread!:th1:
Same here. I've only blended a couple aros in the past. This is one recommendation I'm going to try. I got lucky and picked up a tin of Sobranie for $14.00. I see now the Sasieni is starting to dry up. This is frustrating.:eek:

Here's a blend I made years back using bulk lane products .... from memory ... 5 parts bca , 1.5 part blwb , 2 part rlp6 , 1 part 1q , 1 part HGL [or something that began w/ H ] and 1 tin of erinmore[ depending on amount of blend ] ........... the blwb is what made it burn nice and the erinmore just rocked when diluted w/ the reast of the blend .I guess a full tin to a pound of blend +- . This was my biggest selling aromatic .... sounds like alot going on but was real nice to smoke and a killer aroma .......... Most smoke shops have lane bulks and these were all popular ones . I guess you could use a scale at shop and have .25 oz as a part . Just kick back the erinmore and let sit a week
Ruffino,

This actually sounds quite good and I would like to try it out. Can you help me out with a couple of questions?

Were you using Erinmore flake or Erinmore Mixture?
Are you sure it was HGL? I ask because HGL has been discontinued. HGL had a pinch of latakia in it.

ruffinogold

Mayor
Ruffino,

This actually sounds quite good and I would like to try it out. Can you help me out with a couple of questions?

Were you using Erinmore flake or Erinmore Mixture?
Are you sure it was HGL? I ask because HGL has been discontinued. HGL had a pinch of latakia in it.

The Erinmore was the mixture ... and I'll have to pull up the lane bulks and double check the HGL

Variation on the CH theme:

50% (by weight) CH
+
50% (by weight) LBF

Mix,age for a week,and voila!

Makes a very nice morning/evening smoke....for me anyways:thu:

CMAsailor

on the cheap end, Smoker's Pride Black Cav, H&H and SWR go well together 1:1:1 in a cob,

I mix 3:1 McCLelland's Navy Flake (cellared) and some Syrian Latakia I bought 10yrs ago, when I'm feeling extra special. its killer.

I have been mixing 4oz CD dark burley & 2oz CD granulated perique together .I like strong blends not for everyone but I like it. I keep a jar of this blend on hand at all times I have even labled it TWIST UR KNICKERS .

My new daily smoke blend:

1 pouch (1.5 oz.) Carter Hall
1 oz. Haunted Bookshop
1/2 teaspoon very finely crushed Deer Tongue

Mix thoroughly and press down tightly into into a half pint jar.
Set aside for a week to meld the flavor.

Just enough Virginia and Perique to make it interesting while still a mostly burley blend.
The Deer Tongue, while smelling very sweet, actually has a kind of herbal flavor.
( It used to be a very popular addition in both cigarettes and pipe tobacco, but no longer used in cigarettes, and pretty rare in pipe blends.
Very 'old school'. And I love it - but your mileage may vary. )
I've had to dedicate 3 cobs to this blend though - the Deer Tongue can really ghost a pipe.
But for me, that's not a bad thing. Heck, I've got plenty of cobs...
:)
I'm going to have to try the "deer tongue" thing. You've peaked my curiosity.:bing:

MarkinCA

Ruffino, This actually sounds quite good and I would like to try it out. Can you help me out with a couple of questions? Were you using Erinmore flake or Erinmore Mixture?
Bent, you may want to look into McClellands Bulk TGL (toasted cavendish latakia) which is described as "Toasted Cavendish is joined by a hint of Cyprian Latakia, burleys and golden Virginias to create this sweet, yet full bodied smoke. Reminiscent of the now gone Lane HGL blend..." Just a thought:th1:

Status
Not open for further replies.