Your Personal Blend Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 or 5 years ago I experimented with blending, even did some stoving and pressing. Most of it was pretty bad, I did stumble onto something that I liked.

2 parts Pirate Kake
3 parts Carter Hall

Pirate Carter!

DakOOk

At present jacking around with blending a stoved black virginia with black cavendish (no casing or topping) and perique. Ratio is 40% BC, 40% Stoved Va and 20% perique. Still need to work on the ratios as the sweetness is just a tad on the cloying side for me

About 6 months ago I decided that I was tired of paying the high cost of the tobacco I use for my primary daily smoke (McC 2015 plus 20% perique) so I started buying whole leaf American & Canadian flue cured Virginias and light & dark fire cured Virginias.

I shred them to a wide shag and blend them: 5.5oz each of flue cured Virginias + .5oz each of the fire cured + 4oz perique. I haven't used my Percy Martin Perique in any blends yet but I plan to soon. I stopped using burly and I may stop using the fire cured, they really come through strong. I started smoking some as soon as it was blended and put about 2 lbs. in a jar (which I smoke from) to try to get some age on it. I also vacuum sealed about 3 lbs.

To me it smokes really good as is, without age. After I finish the jar I will open one of the vacuum sealed packs and hope it mellows like I want it to.

I still have 10 lbs. of whole leaf American & Canadian flue cured Virginias I haven't shredded yet that I need to start on.

SouthBound

Curmudgeon At-Large
I found one that is absolutely delicious to me. Equal parts of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark, Pirate Kake, and Kendal Kentucky. I wish I could find a blend like it in bulk. Does anyone know of a good bulk replacement for the Wessex portion?

Next go round, I think I'll replace Kendal Kentucky with Old Dark Fired.

esteban

the only baccy blending at present is adding a pinch of Turkish Izmir to my English Oriental......Oh and some PS pipe cut also to the English, but not much.....

Got a couple of personal blend. First there is Pure Perique - Crowley Style - just blending perique dowsed with just enough rum to make it wet, left to soak for 12 hours and then dried out, not sure if it's a blend so much as an extreme aromatic. The other is a 50/50 split of pure latakia and pure perique that tastes strangely of smoked, stewed plums.

critter

Got a couple of personal blend. First there is Pure Perique - Crowley Style - just blending perique dowsed with just enough rum to make it wet, left to soak for 12 hours and then dried out, not sure if it's a blend so much as an extreme aromatic. The other is a 50/50 split of pure latakia and pure perique that tastes strangely of smoked, stewed plums.
brutal, just brutal

p120d16y

60% Dunhill Royal yacht
40% Peter Stokkebye Natural Dutch cavendish

Royal Dutch Cavendish.

Also pretty good going a bit higher on the Royal Yacht. Any higher on the Cavendish and that's all it tastes like.

Status
Not open for further replies.