Zippo

Discussion in 'Pipe Accessories' started by woody, Jan 28, 2011.

1. SidStavros

SidStavros Member

So many years,some lighters but non of them has the "touch" of a Zippo. Nothing beats his "clink" sound and reliability!

dBear, surlysoul and AussieTX like this.

2. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

I'm not Canadian but I have a zippo made in Canada and have sent it to Bradford for repairs. No problems.

3. akohtz

akohtz Member

Yep. Zippo had a manufacturing facility in Ontario for decades. They closed it in 2002 though. Any Canadian made Zippo can be sent to Pennsylvania for it's repairs.

- Andrew

4. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I am a big fan of Zippo. I have been through a few expensive butane pipe lighters they were all finicky and unreliable. My Zippo is affordable, easy to maintain and lights every time.

dBear and 12GA like this.
  5. noodle

noodle Member

do any of you know if they (zippo) will provide parts so you can repair your own

out fishing today and the plate at the top of my pipe zippo ran off somewhere.

6. SidStavros

SidStavros Member

Isn't near by a store with genuine Zippos? He will send it for a repair and i don't think that you will pay anything.Another solution is to buy a new or an estate one and have him for spare parts when you need them.

7. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

I don't think they will, but you can check with them, I know when I worked at a cigar store they would not sell us pipe inserts to have on hand, I'm guessing that they didn't want their parts ending up in " knock off" lighters.

8. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

I as many agree about the Zippo lighter. They are super reliable, well made products for sure. I also have several, and carry one with the pipe insert. Recently I was able to aquire a Benlow that is built beyond belief as far as reliability I love them both.
    For the money I prefer my petrol fuel lighters--they seem to never leave me down--minimal maintenance, and as was said--they are like a trused friend.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member

I think someone on here said they got a cover sent after loosing theirs. email them and play on the postage from the uk aspect.

10. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Zippo is truly awesome.

The only problem I keep having is it seems like my lighter fluid keeps evaporating. I have had to refill it several times and I dont use it near enough for it to need it. Any suggestions?

11. SidStavros

SidStavros Member

This is a common problem with Zippo's,everybody has face it don't worry.There are some tricks as vaseline around the bottom of the insert or a piece of tyre tube to keep the cap closed when you don't use it the lighter.

12. noodle

noodle Member

just sent waiting on a reply so being easter i should find out later in the week

13. noodle

noodle Member

one more reason to love zippo's and use the product over others

email from zippo uk

Thank you for your enquiry.
    We have sent you a new pipe cap this afternoon, free of charge.
    Kind regards
    Julie
    Zippo UK Ltd

14. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

Great customer service gets my business every time.

Johnny Dingo and surlysoul like this.
  15. noodle

noodle Member

It gets better
    [​IMG]

Not one but two one steel one brass as I didnt specify which I needed.
    They now have a customer for life. My birthday is coming up so guess what im buying my self

16. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

Awesome. Now I want to buy me another Zippo.:)

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Member

After that you can say that: Zippo means Trust!

18. KC2YSR

KC2YSR Member

Just want to point out FWIW, that Zippo bought Ronson a couple of years back (2010, IIRC). Since then, the Ronsonol fuel has been the same as Zippo's lighter fluid. But I agree that before this, the Ronson had a much, much more noticeable (and disagreeable) smell to it.

19. iamjonsolo

iamjonsolo Member

I was pretty shocked at how fast zippo fuel ran out myself. I ended up just going with a Thunderbird . Runs off butane and last's until you deplete your supply. Another good thing about it is you can set the flame higher to get down into a deeper bowl. It's my goto pipe lighter

20. SidStavros

SidStavros Member

I took a Ronsonol to taste it in my Zippos,my first opinion is that smell worst than the latest Zippo liquid and the height of the flame is smaller.I am not an expert but my first impressions are not good.